- I arrived in Zambia yesterday and its great to be back & staying with Andrew & Belinda Ross again!
- I played in the Pro-am this morning with the 2nd most powerful man in Zambia,Mr Alex Bwalya Chikwanda. He is the Minister of Finance & acting president when the president is out of the country. We had good fun and was a good start to the week.
- Tomorrow is another pro-am, all day, so I will just practice and prepare for the first round starting on thursday.
For live scoring once the event starts: Click here
20 May – Fly to USA 2wks Preparation
1st June – Fly to Canada for 5events
South Africa swing coming to an end…
Last weeks event was a points system where fortune favours the brave! Normally this type of format would suit me but lately I have been a much of a consistent, less bogeys type of player.
Which suits normal golf a lot more! That being said all is done and dusted and i finished -6 with 22points and in 38th Place.
I will wrap up my Sunshine Tour season with the Zambia Open next week in Lusaka. This is one of the last purses over 1Million rand in SA for a while, the purse R1,200,000 to be exact!
To follow along with live scoring: click here
Then here comes the fun part…take a look!
After Zambia I then fly back to the USA spends a few days at home and then off to the Canadian Tour & here is where i’ll be playing for the next 4 months…
Green Marker is where I start in Victoria Island, BC and I play 9 events moving east as you can see by all the markers on this map. I will pretty much see the whole country in 4months! The red marker is Atlanta my base in the USA.
For the full details & schedule in Canada: click here
EVENT:Investec Royal Swazi Open 2012
DATE: 1 – 4 May 2013
VENUE: Royal Swazi Sun CC
72 Professionals and 108 Amateurs make up the Pro-Am field
The event is played under the modified scoring system.
The points awarded are as follows: Albatross = +8, Eagle =+5, Birdie =+2, Par =0, Bogey =-1, Dbl or worse =-3 Players who have made a double or worse may pick up their ball
Live Scoring: Click Here
Zimbabwe Open Result:
The Golden Pilsner Zimbabwe Open was held at Royal Harare last week and was a great success. A great victory for Jake Roos who shot a final round 67 -5 to finish at -14 for the event & win by 1 shot over Darren Fichardt & Francesco Laporta from Italy.
I shot rounds 0f 72,72,70,66 to finish at a total of -8 and in 11th Position. I played solid all week and really started to find my game the last round finishing with a bogey free 66 which shot me up the leaderboard.
This concludes 2successful weeks from across the globe, from gaining my full PGA Tour Canada card last week in Palm Springs California & now and 11th Place at the Zim Open moving me up the Sunshine Tour Order of Merit.
I am now back in Cape Town & look forward to the week off before I head to Swaziland next week for the Investec Swazi Open.
Click here: Final leaderboard – Zimbabwe Open
- 22-28 April – Week Off – Cape Town
- 29-5 May – Investec Open – Swaziland
- 6-12 May – Week Off – Cape Town
- 13-19 May – Zambia Open – Lusaka
20th May fly back to USA to prepare for PGA Tour Canada
PGA Tour Canada here I come !
- The early challenges you find as a professional golfer is to gain status to actually compete on a weekly basis.
- The Sunshine Tour has been a great platform to compete and to sharpen up my game these past few years and I will continue to play the Sunshine Tour as long as I am a professional.
- My ultimate goal as a professional is to compete on the US PGA Tour and now I am moving in the right direction… The PGA Tour recently saw the need to purchase the Latin American Tour and the Canadian Tour as there are so many players looking to gain STATUS!
- The advantage of competing in the PGA Tour Canada is that the top 5 players will receive Web.com Status and the following 5 players will be exempt straight to final stage of web.com Q-School.
- This provides other avenues to get to the PGA Tour without having to start at Stage 1 of the dreaded PGA Tour Q School every year!
Click this video below to see where I will be playing this year!
For the results of PGA Tour Canada Q-School: click here
For the schedule of PGA Tour Canada: click here
This week I find myself back in Africa and competing in the ever growing Zimbabwe Open at Royal Harare Golf Club.
Tournament dates: April 18-22
Live Scoring of the event: Click here